ChETEC-INFRA provides transnational access to the 13 infrastructures networked in the project. New and outside users are especially welcome!
Call for Proposals
Proposals can be submitted through the GATE server continuously. The independent user selection panel meets every three months. The next collection date is November 17, 2022, followed by Februar 17, 2023.
How to Apply
- Collection dates and user times
- Templates and checklists
- criteria for eligibility, selection and scoring
TNA User Office
Brief definition of transnational access (TNA)
Transnational access by scientific users
- crosses national borders (i.e. users must use an installation located outside the country where they work),
- is free of charge to the users (access fees to the facilities are paid by the European Union),
- may include travel support for the users, again funded by the EU,
- should generally foresee to publish the scientific results,
- is open to scientists of all nationalities and based in all countries (with limits on the amount of access given to users outside the EU and associated countries),
- is allocated by an independent user selection panel, solely based on scientific merit.
Weekly TNA "Office Hours"
For questions and information on transnational access, open Zoom meetings takes place Monday between 14:30 and 15:00 at this meeting link.
Monthly TNA event (Zoom)
You are invited to attend our monthly TNA event on Zoom, which features one of the ChETEC-INFRA facilities and allows users to ask any question they may have on transnational access.
The next event will be on October 24, presenting the PTB Ion Accelerator Facility.
The first TNA events presented:
- The Felsenkeller underground accelerator (26.07.2021)
- The Vienna Environmental Research Accelerator (VERA) (27.09.2021)
- The IANAO Rozhen Observatory (25.10.2021)
- The University of Hull High-Performance Cluster Viper (29.11.21)
- Accelerator Laboratory at the University of Cologne (31.1.22)
- Horia Hulubei National Institute for R&D in Physics and Nuclear Engineering (28.2.22)
- DREAMS Atomic Mass Spectrometry Facility (23.5.22)
The TNA event series will be continued.
Facilities offering access
Facilities with transnational access include:
5 MV Pelletron accelerator for nuclear cross section measurements in a shallow-underground laboratory, shielded from cosmic radiation.
State-of-the-art AMS facility with a 6 MV tandem accelerator, dedicated AMS beamlines and dedicated ion sources.
Dedicated facility for AMS based on a 3-MV tandem accelerator, with a scientific focus on the advancement of ultra-trace analysis of long-lived radionuclides.
Observational facility located in Rodopa mountain, with three telescopes for optical observations of comets, asteroids, stars, star clusters and galaxies and a telescope for observations of the Sun.
Perek 2-m Telescope, Astronomical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Ondřejov, Czech Republic
Telescope located south-west of Prague, equipped with a single-order spectrograph and an echelle spectrograph.
2.56m telescope owned and operated in collaboration at the Observatorio del Roque de los Muchachos (La Palma, Spain).
Accelerator facility for proton or alpha beam at 1 - 2.5 MeV, with the capability of neutron production via 7Li(p,n).
Facility with two low-energy ion accelerators, a variable-energy isochronous cyclotron and a tandetron, providing DC or pulsed beams for time-of-flight experiments.
10 MV FN tandem accelerator for nuclear physics and astrophysics research, connected to a fully-equipped target laboratory.
MGC-20 cyclotron capable of proton, deuteron, 3He and alpha beams.
Observatory with a 1.65 m Ritchey-Chretien telescope with VUES spectrograph, located 70 km north of Vilnius.
IFIN-HH Tandetrons, Horia Hulubei National Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engineering, Bucharest-Măgurele, Romania
Facility with three tandem accelerators for nuclear astrophysics and AMS, and connected target laboratory.
High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster with 180×2×14-core processors (3.3 GHz, 128GB RAM), 4×4×10-core processors (2GHz, 1TB RAM), and more.